Happy New Year, Everyone!
I’m seeing a lot of resolution posts. I don’t believe in them myself mostly because I rarely stick to them. I’m also seeing a lot of “Goals for 2014” posts – I DO believe in making goals. So that’s what I’m going to do. And here they are:
1. Edit, Submit, and hopefully Publish my May-December Novella Fixing the Hole
2. Finish, Edit, and Submit Pinch of Salt – the sequel to A Watched Demon Always Boils
3. Finish, Edit, and Submit Shifting Claims – a werewolf story
4. Write, Edit, Submit and hopefully Publish – short story for Torquere’s Man In Uniform anthology
5. Write my HET /o\ sci-fi, post-apocalyptic story
6. Plot out and write my soul bond story.
1. Play with my kid more.
2. Hit the gym four days a week (I’m currently doing two)
3. Help the dog pass obedience school – I need to spend more time working with her during the day.
4. Balance OUR family with the extended family and make sure we have plenty of time for just us.
The writing goals are probably pretty lofty – but hey, maybe if I put them out there I might actually achieve them by the end of the year. There are a couple other things I’m kicking around on that front but those are the ones I really want to focus on this year.
The personal stuff is really all about balance. So I guess my main goal is better balance in everything – and that IS a lofty goal.
OH and the writing stuff? I’m definitely open to brainstorming – especially on 3-6 – volunteers accepted 😀
Hope 2014 has gotten off to a great start!
Next week – seriously, I want to do this post about ‘fridging’ and get into a really good discussion about it. So research and come ready to chat.
Have a good weekend!